1. Tell us a little bit about how you got into online marketing and what you like most about it.
I got into online marketing when I started my first website (advicemonkey.com) and realized that websites don’t magically get popular on their own. I then found a few Internet marketing firms to help me, but six months later, I learned that they were not doing much work so I learned it on my own.
2. From reading your blog, I see that you write a lot about search engine marketing (SEM). Can you give us a few examples of how marketers can leverage search engine marketing to take their online campaigns to the next level?
Search engine marketing is a great way to instantly drive traffic to a website. You can leverage pay per click to rapidly grow your company, promote holiday Belgium Phone Number promotions, and find out what keywords are best worth targeting for a search engine optimization campaign.
3. What are your top 3 tips to help companies step out of the box and develop innovative online marketing campaigns?
- Create a good product or service first.
- Test and tweak different forms of online marketing.
- Make sure you are using multi-variant landing page testing to maximize your conversions.
4. Also from reading your blog, I see you speak to the value of technology and innovation in online marketing. How do you think marketers can better use marketing automation technology to increase leads?
Doing everything manually can take forever. If you use software to automate processes or to give you more insight, you will be more successful. Plus, it is much cheaper to buy software packages than it is to hire more people.
5. Given that you speak to search engine marketing, what marketing tactics have you found that can help B2B marketers improve lead generation?
Pay per click advertising is effective, but buying related banner adverts is also effective. These ads may not get you a sale right away, but they are great for branding.
6. With the multitude of promotion channels today (i.e. social, blogs, email), what is your advice for B2B marketers striving toward marketing ROI?
ROI can’t always be measured in a direct fashion, so be willing to measure it in different forms. Leveraging the social web may increase your backward li